Hi friends! Today I’m sharing our living room reno! Just look at that ugly wood paneling that’s barely hanging onto the wall, the dirty brown carpet and bland fireplace… We also really loved that 70’s light over in the corner… It was hard to part with. Haha not!
We got rid of the wood paneling and of course we found a big hole above the fireplace!
We loved our wood stove but didn’t love the old gold look to it. So we sprayed it with a high heat black spray paint to give it a fresh new look.
We also painted our fireplace a light neutral color and replaced the old tiles with some new inexpensive ones.
Next was creating a new look to our fireplace. I knew I wanted a new mantel and adding the board on top would cover the ugly hole and make the fireplace more grand. I chose different fireplace looks I found on Pinterest and we made our own design.
It’s hard to tell between the texture of the brick and the slick wood top but both colors are the same. We wanted the entire fireplace to look like it wasn’t 2 pieces but one. Like it was like this the entire time.
My husband then wired the TV so the cords wouldn’t show. Makes everything look even better and clean!
Before + After
Adding new windows throughout the house made a huge difference! The fireplace also makes more of a statement.
Such an amazing transformation and lots of hard work! Before moving in and starting the renovations we also scraped all the popcorn ceilings off. Made a world of difference! We added baseboards too and painted all the trim white.
WHAT & WHERE
- Wall color – Bar Harbor Beige Valspar Eggshell Signature
- Fireplace color – Cedar Key Valspar Signature Eggshell
- Fireplace tiles – Home Depot
- Rug – Target
- Accent chair – Tuesday Morning
- Sofas – Ektorp IKEA sofa + love seat in Blekinge White
- Coffee table – Ana White free build plans
- X cabinets – Target
- Lamps – Walmart
- Tan candlesticks – Real Deals
- White candlesticks – Michaels
- Stool – Target
- Basket – Tjmaxx
- Pillows – IKEA
- Black frames – Michaels
- Brown curtains – Fred Meyer
- Dark brown double rod – Bed Bath and Beyond
- Sheer white curtains – Ross
- Wood basket – Tjmaxx